Wiki Games
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

TERA - Hitboxes

Ir para baixo

TERA - Hitboxes Empty TERA - Hitboxes

Mensagem  Vulkanu 14/1/2012, 15:46

Each race and gender combination in TERA has its own specific hitbox. Hitboxes determine not only how easy you are to hit, but also how easy you are to heal. Both enemies and allies are effected by the size of your hitbox! Some races are better suited for certain classes due to this, such as wanting to have a larger hitbox as a Lancer, so that you can Shield Block corridors, and hide your allies behind you while you absorb 100% of the damage thrown your way.

Other classes are better suited to be small; such as Priests, Archers, and so on. There is as such a thing as too small or too large in TERA, but for most people race choice is based purely on aesthetics.

For those far and few between who care about things such as hit box, I will provide you information on the hitbox sizes in TERA.

The general rule of thumb in TERA is that the taller the character, the larger the hitbox. In the case of Castanics, you can ignore their horns here as that is not a factor in their height; same for the ears of Elin. Although I am not 100% sure which has the bigger hitbox than the other; Popori or Elin. They are very close in size, but generally the males of each set have the larger hitbox. In the case of Popori and Elin I am not sure, but do know they are the shortest of all the races.

Here you can see every race and its height, all in a straight line, side-by-side.

TERA - Hitboxes Raceco10
From left to right; Aman Male, Aman Female, Baraka, Castanic Female, Castanic Male, High Elf Female, High Elf Male, Human Female, Human Male, Popori, Elin.

As you can see, Baraka are the tallest, followed closely by Aman Males and then Aman Females. The shortest are obviously Popori and Elin, Castanic Females following closely after that.

Now, let us dissect the hitbox differences further, classified by gender.

FEMALES

The tallest of females are clearly Aman. The large hitbox of Aman females makes them ideal Lancers, although you will see the occasional Slayer, Berserker, and even Priest or Sorcerer in some cases. People have begun to shy away from large hitboxes when playing squishy characters, but some people love the look of their favorite race too much to care; which means they must learn even more how to out-play their opponents, due to being so easy to hit right off the bat.

The second tallest females are the High Elves, followed closely by Human Females. Although I have seen a few female Lancers of either race, the majority seem to role Slayer, Berserker, Sorcerer, or Mystic. This is partially due to racial skills, and partially to do with hitbox size. Having a roughly medium size hitbox allows High Elf and Human females to be much easier to target by their group’s Priest, which is a plus for obvious reasons.

The second shortest females are Castanics. They are surprisingly small, and with the common class choices of Warrior, Sorcerer, and Archer they tend to be very slippery little devils; unfortunately sometimes for their own team. Castanic Females can be difficult to heal, especially since the common class choices are constantly moving (or at least should be). Because of this, I recommend that if you play a female Castanic, you should try to be very aware of when your neighborhood Priest is casting his or her heal circles, so that you can maneuver yourself into the circle.

Smallest of the small, are the Elin. Elin hitboxes were adjusted at one point due to Lancers being a popular class choice in Korea…and Priests not being able to heal them because of their size. Lock-on heals would end up going to another nearby ally instead of the Elin, because they were so small and other moving group members made it difficult to target the poor little Elin. Despite their hitbox being adjusted, Elin are still the smallest of the females. Elin are so popular however, that you will pretty much see Elin of any and every class running around, despite their small stature and sub-par racial abilities. So, as with Castanic females, I highly recommend map awareness so that you can maneuver yourself into your Priest’s heals.

MALES

Baraka (although not technically any gender), are the tallest of the tall here in the world of TERA. Despite their large size, the majority of Baraka appear to choose Priest as their class, instead of Lancer or even a DPS class. The enormous size of a Baraka could make them ideal Lancers, able to take hits for their team mates easily. However their racial skills may not be the best choice for a Lancer. On the plus side, they are easier to heal… especially if the Baraka himself is the Priest!

The second tallest males are the Aman, who quite typically are Lancer, Berserker, or Slayer. Their large stature makes them suitable for Shield Blocking corridors as a Lancer, or even blocking as a Berserker, although not quite as effective. Due to their large size, Aman males are both easier to attack and easier to heal.

The next two I am not completely sure as to which has the larger hitbox; High Elf or Human Male. Human males are bulkier, but High Elf males are taller. This could be a case where bulk indicates a larger hitbox, but as I said I am not 100% sure on this pair. While the majority of Human Males I have seen are Lancers, Slayers, Berserkers, and the occasional squishy… The majority of High Elf males I have seen are Priest, Mystic, Archer, and Warrior, along with several other squishy DPS classes. I think it is safe to assume that High Elf male Archers have Legolas syndrome, but at least High Elf is a decent choice. High Elf and Human males (as with the females) are medium-range hitboxes, and are well-suited for most if not all of the classes in TERA. Their medium range hitbox makes them slightly less easy to hit, but also means they are still easy to heal.

Slightly shorter than the Human males, are the Castanic males! Obviously this is not counting the horns. Castanic males appear to pretty popular (hmm, I wonder why *sarcasm*), and as such there is a decent distribution of classes amongst the existing Castanic males. Some of the more common classes are the Melee and Ranged DPS classes, however. Castanic Male Lancers, in most cases, cannot Shield Block a corridor on their own. That being said, their racial skills are quite nice no matter which class it is you choose. Despite being shorter than a Human male, I still consider their hitbox size to be medium range. They are not that hard to heal at all.

And of course, coming in as the shortest of the males; the cute and cuddly Popori. Who doesn’t love pandas, after all? As with the Elin, Popori are rather popular, so there are Popori of many classes running around. But, also as with Elin, they are more difficult to heal due to their smaller size. So, map and heal circle awareness is once again a crucial skill if you decide to play this race.

Vulkanu
Admin

https://game-wiki-tera.forumeiros.com

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo